Case Study: Bathroom Renovation
A case study to show a complete bathoom renovation and what is involved; as well as some images.
The Brief : bathroom renovation
Our client wanted a new bathroom solution. The bathroom in their home was over 40 years old, the taps were leaking, the toilet didn’t flush well and the whole room looked tired and dated. They wanted a full bathroom renovation and asked us to visit, assess the work and give them a quote.
This is just the kind of job that we love and where we know that we can make a huge difference to someone’s home. We looked at the space and then researched bathroom suites in various styles that would fit the space. We provided pictures of these and priced each of them up so that the client could make a fully informed decision.
Once the suite and fittings had been agreed, we discussed the processes required and the different stages of the work, length of time for each one and agreed a completion date.
The job involved:
- Stripping out the existing suite and removing the tiles from walls.
- Assessing the state of the existing plumbing and updating this in preparation for a seamless finish.
- Checking over the electrics and bringing up to date and to meet the specifications for the new bathroom.
- A full plastering of all the walls and the ceiling in order to repair the damage to the wall which can be inadvertently created when removing the old tiles.
- New tiling throughout the bathroom.
- Fitting the new three-piece bathroom suite (basin and cabinet unit, concealed wc unit and pan & bath with new taps and waste, bath/shower mixer tap)
- Finishing the look professionally with the fitting of a chrome towel rail, large grey tiles and grey grout.
- Fitting a new luxury vinyl tile floor and completed all remaining surfaces such as skirting boards and door frames with a clean white painted finish.
A brand new bathroom finished within budget and on schedule. The look is clean and fresh and the client was delighted with the way the work was carried out, the professionalism of the team and the quality of the finished product. Steve is definitely pleased with the result too.
Check out our blog on a home makeover.